Wednesday, December 24, 2008

When we were young

Remember when we were 16 & 17 and used to wear lipstick and Too Faced eye shadows, short skirts and bright colored tights or fishnets, and dye our hair blonde or black? Remember when we went to clubs, and diners, and sat around in the square and smoked, and that would be the thing? I remember when. I remember having good times. I remember some bad times. But I remember the experience of it all, and the way I used to be. Sometimes, I think, it would be nice to feel that way again.

And I do, but I don't. It is now fewer and further in between than it was once.

Remember your old beat up car? Remember that time we ditched school with Eliot and Gabbi to eat at Todai and go shopping? When Eliot was still fresh from London? When we were all still friends? When time and distance hadn't dragged us all apart? Remember when you dyed your hair black and it turned your shoulders blue? And you always wore bright red lipstick, and I curled my hair and wore 50s dresses.

We might not have much to talk about now, now that we've grown apart, but I remember, and I know that I wouldn't be who I am today with the interests that I have if I had never met you.

No comments: