Saturday, April 25, 2009

Outside

It's a funny thing, it's gorgeous outside - might get a little on the warm side, but bright and sunny, and everything's in bloom. Now what's funny is that I can't think of anything to do outside in New York city that doesn't involve spending money. Except just chilling in a park. But the gardens, the zoos, flea markets, and then the streets get excessively crowded...I miss Portland! Portland when it's nice it is marvelous, there's nothing you can't do, and you don't have to pay a dime. New York needs more parks. Needs more green, more trails, more free things to do. If New York City had mountains with hiking trails it would be absolutely perfect. But it doesn't, and I have no car, and so I am stuck with the man made parks with few hidden trails. It's glorious outside and I do not know what to do! I'll probably end up at the Botanic Garden, just cause it's close, and I need to be outdoors today. If I could, I'd go to the nursery and garden all bloody day, but a) I don't have a car and b) there's construction going on in the back of the house that sort of impedes any gardening.

***update***

Spent the day outside in Prospect Park with friends and guitars. Drinks in the evening. French fries, please! (How about some cheese!) 6 am bonding. 

No comments: