Thursday, January 28, 2010

Salinger Post on the Go (+Zinn)

The world awaits with bated breath.

*Update, later*

I'm more upset about Howard Zinn's passing than I am Salinger's. I am morbidly intrigued with Salinger's, maybe now we'll finally find out what he's been up to these last 45 years...if he had a secret room full of unbound sheets of paper containing unpublished works that have yet to see the light of day. Thus the bated breath.

Back to Zinn. Zinn was the shit. The bomb diggity. It is thanks to him (well, and Mr. Barker, of course) that I developed the incredible appreciation I have now for history. "A People's History of the United States" has traveled with me everywhere, from New York, to Ohio and Oregon, to Florida, Holland, and Japan. The world truly lost a remarkable human being with his passing.

No comments: