Saturday, March 13, 2010

Muffin Man

I spent my night baking muffins. Because that seemed like the right thing to do. Distractions, etc. And now I have Frank Zappa stuck in my head.


Some people like cupcakes better, I for one care less for them.
...
Some people...some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say
there is naught, nor ought there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's grey Earth as that prince of foods...the muffin!

Girl, you thought he was a man
But he was a muffin
He hung around till you found
That he didn't know nothin'


I went the savory route, made two batches of apple-cheddar muffins. Om nom nom. We'll see how they go over tomorrow. Next time: potato muffins.


Lovely and soothing is the sound of rain against the house. The only thing missing is the sound of a train in the distance, (the subways don't sound the same, they don't have that wonderful blow that trains do) and I'm transported west when I close my eyes.

No comments: