Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wednesdays are for Drinking and Drawing Naked People!

Went to Drink-n-Draw at 3rd Ward tonight, it's exactly what I've been looking for: drawing from nude models, and free beer. The beer is a total bonus, I was just looking for a place to do figure drawing, but what a sweet bonus it is! The model had the best curves for drawing, and great contorted poses filled with delicious negative space. I'd never enjoyed drawing feet before, but I did tonight: she knew how to use 'em. The motown they played was DEFINITELY appreciated, The Supremes, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, marvelous! It was hard not to move around in my chair and sing along... I am absolutely going back, it felt so good, I completely lost track of time and was shocked at how fast the hours flew. As it should be! Best part though? Being able to talk about the gorgeous sliver of space between the model's arms and her breast during one of the poses without getting weird looks.

I may or may not have inhaled a biiiiit too much fixative, however. But my drawings are safe and unsmudged! Very very important, of course.

No comments: